Table of Contents
The best role model YouTube channel for editing, thumbnails, human presentation, background music, titles, humor: Mrwhosetheboss.
How to Create & Publish Screen Recording Video
Complete Publishing Steps
- Record the screen with audio reference (optionally with camera)
- [Optional] Re-record the narration (parts or all)
- Record the teaser segment video
- Record the introduction video after teaser
- Record the ending segment video
- Edit them all into one long YouTube video (10-12 minutes)
- Design thumbnail images (YouTube: landscape, IGTV: portrait)
- Copywriting of metadata: title, description, tags, playlist, table of contents
- Post to LinkedIn
- Post to Website
- Post to IGTV
- Post to IG Story with Swipe Up to IGTV
- Add that IG Story to Highlights
- If you will be recording audio to be published, either:
- choose a good time (midnight!) when you don’t have any noise distraction (dogs, motorcycles, PKL sellers); or
- record the audio (optionally camera) with smartphone with external microphone (because the smartphone should have better noise reduction); or
- record the audio just for editing reference, then re-record it later with better quality.
- Connect a good external microphone (3.5 mm jack)
- Start vokoscreenNG
- On Mic tab, select sof-hda-dsp Headphones Stereo Microphone.
If you want to also record desktop audio, select Monitor of sof-hda-dsp * (depending on your selected speaker)
- Select the window or area that you want to record.
Problems with vokoscreenNG on Ubuntu
- vokoscreenNG does not have built-in noise reduction. If you have any noise background (dogs, vehicles, PKL sellers, etc.) they will be in your recording.
After you record the screen on video, you still need:
2. Re-record the narration
3. Record the teaser video
4. Record the introduction video after teaser
5. Record the outro video
6. Edit them all into one long YouTube video (10-12 minutes)
8. Copywriting of metadata: title, description, tags, playlist, table of contents
Prepare YouTube metadata consisting of:
- Description, which contains:
- Generic call-to-action for lead generation
- Relevant links from the video
- Table of contents
- Tags (3 main + 10-12 secondary)
Burn Video Subtitles using ffmpeg
First, prepare the original high-quality video file, and the subtitle file (VTT is recommended, but SCC, SRT, and ASS are supported).
Burn the subtitles using ffmpeg with high-quality CRF settings:
ffmpeg -i Urban\ Permaculture\ _\ Permakultur\ Perkotaan\ by\ Bandung\ Permaculture\ @\ DAAI\ TV-mOaVdKxzKQk.webm -vf subtitles='Urban Permaculture _ Permakultur Perkotaan by Bandung Permaculture @ DAAI TV-mOaVdKxzKQk.webm' -preset medium -crf 18 -c:a copy out.mkv
For embedded subtitles,
-vf subtitles= should use the input video filename. For external subtitles,
-vf subtitles= uses the VTT/SCC/SRT filename.
Why not Handbrake? Although Handbrake has a GUI, setting the output to match source is confusing. ffmpeg makes the process stable and is faster to do.